Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > FJ Cruiser General Discussion > FJ Cruiser General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

FJ Cruiser General Discussion Here you can discuss topics that don't fit in to any other categories!

FJ Cruiser, why?

This is a discussion on FJ Cruiser, why? within the FJ Cruiser General Discussion forums, part of the FJ Cruiser General Discussion category!
Cos my FJ is so fun I pee a little every time I drive it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #11
Full Access Member

Cos my FJ is so fun I pee a little every time I drive it
FJTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #12
Super Moderator

Ohhh, well that makes since. Plus you're so old right?
Capt Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
Full Access Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRabbit_Slim View Post
Okay I'll bite...

My brother and I shared numerous 4x4's through high school.. Heck I learned to drive in a 1954 Willy's Jeep... We had CJ's for several years and beat the piss out of them.. Then one day we spotted an add for a 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 in the newspaper that was for sale for $2800. This was 1999 mind you.. So we drove over to the guys house and we just happened to be the first people he had answered the phone for.. apparently there were tons of other calls... anyway the thing was cherry... garage kept... 84000 miles.. no rust... everything worked... she was a f*cking 16 year olds wet dream... Oh and did I mention she was the best color Toyota has every done... Nordic Blue...

We had her for a number of years and had a blast with her... Unfortunately my dumbass brother got T-boned in her in 2003 and she was totaled. I was pretty pissed.. That is/was my dream car... So anyway I got over it and got a more practical vehicle to suit my needs at that point in life... But I always missed the 4x4's... The time came again when I was ready to get back into it and I searched and searched for a few years before I found this..

My pride and joy... I spent hours on this thing until it was perfect at which point I realized it was no longer any fun taking her off-road... She was just too perfect... and too rare... At this point I started thinking about the FJ again... I was excited when they talked about doing a retro FJ40 inspiration truck but honestly, I wasn't impressed with the result... I thought Toyota missed the mark on several fronts and the FJC just wasn't what it should have been.. (I still stand by this) But at any rate I searched the market and couldn't find anything I liked better.. So I started my FJ search and quickly realized that buying a niche Toyota vehicle is a pain in the ass... I couldn't find a good used one anywhere remotely close to home, and the savings just didn't warrant the hassle.. I really wanted the all black TT... or a 2010 in Voodoo blue.. I'm not a black car kind of guy... I think it's a safe way to go but a constant pain in the ass in the cleaning department... It got to the point where I was just deciding between what I hated least... The silver's are everywhere and boring.. The green was too plastic for me... The yellow was too loud, the brick was too ugly, and the white was.. well white vehicles scare me.. even though it looks good... So in the end I went black and figured I'd grow to like it... I finally settled on the All-Terrain package since I wanted 16's and didn't want pure street tires, or bogus upgrades... The all-terrain comes with everything you need in an FJ but nothing you don't... I'd have killed for TRD SE Anthracite wheels but the dealership told me to get bent.. Anyway, after a few months deliberating, I bought my FJ in early November of 2010.. I bought a 2010 and in the end I'm glad I did... I hate the 2011 wheels and the rear headrests look uber gay.. I don't really see any beneficial upgrades in 2011 and they're more expensive...

I'm looking forward to seeing the 2011 TT in person and I'm praying for the day they do a fire engine red FJ... that would be a TT I'd drool over... oh well... anyway that's my story..

man.....some nice FJ's.....60 and 40...
I agree with Toyota missing the mark with what could have been but do like my FJ TRD...and yes the Black Diamond paint is a lot of work....looks cool tho
Dave(man) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
Super Moderator

My BD paint isn't too much work. She gets washed every now and then, and she's good to go.
2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser, Auto, 4wd, Toytec Ultimate 3" lift, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, TheToyOutfitters LCA, Procomp Series 87 Steelies Painted White, 285/75 R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, Trail Gear Sliders, TheToyOutfitters Custom Front Bumper, Snorkel, 4xHella500
Old 06-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #15

FJ, Why? ...Everybody else has two wipers, so I wanted three.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #16
Full Access Member

^ best reason yet!

"I once got run over by a Toyota. Oh, what a feeling"
Old 06-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJTom View Post
^ best reason yet!
x2
2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser, Auto, 4wd, Toytec Ultimate 3" lift, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, TheToyOutfitters LCA, Procomp Series 87 Steelies Painted White, 285/75 R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, Trail Gear Sliders, TheToyOutfitters Custom Front Bumper, Snorkel, 4xHella500
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Full Access Member

I got tired of being practical and buying what I needed in vehicles.....

So I bought something I wanted!
ARB Front Bumper
ARB Rock Rails
ARB Full Roof Rack W/ Grid
2x IPF lights on bumper
Old Man Emu Heavy Shocks
TRD performance exhaust
Warn M9000 winch
48" hi-lift extreme jack
----------------------------------
Winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtGhost

At a early age of 18 I promised my mother I would never buy a Jeep . One of her friends died thrown from in and rolled on her. Well many years later Toyota came out with this FJ cruiser thingy. Ugly at first sight but I fell in love with it. Could not afford one till now. My GF told me I could get a truck if I let her pay for it. Only if I let her drive my GTI and get to drive the sand rail build I have been working on.

Well needing something to tow my addiction, The jet skis, trailer, and other things. Well you get the picture. She told me to find one that was below 18500.00 and what I wanted to drive. I looked a voodoo blue one and got cold feet after the dealer told me he did not think it was using oil even though it was way over full.

I was looking over autotrader.com for weeks looking for my deal. Carmax did not have what I wanted either. I decided to look on http://www.fjcruiserforums.com in the for sale section. Found 4 within my driving range to look at. Messaged all of them returning with one answer. My first email to Hank was " Why is my truck in your driveway ? ".

I love the black color and after seeing it in person I was sold !

We setup a meeting that was 2 hours for both of us to travel. I was itching I tell you . I never test drove one till a month ago . Knowing all along once I drove one I would have to have it. Well getting to know the previous owner I knew that when I drove it that was going to be the one I wanted.

As you can see from the pictures in his driveway . It has been taking care of. After pulling the carfax off the vin. I was shocked to find out I would be the sixth owner of this one and the last one.

2007 Toyota FJ cruiser 4x4
96k miles
Synthetic Oil Used
Premium Gas Used
Automatic transmission
Michelin LTX M/S tires (plenty of tread)
Security system
Remote start
6-disc in-dash cd changer
Aux audio input jack
Factory subwoofer
Rear differential locker
A-trac low range 4x4 traction control

I am sold. I will get to drive my dream truck after all. All to the thanks of my Wonderful GF (soon to be wife). I have not asked her yet. But after this I will never let the thought to enter my mind of getting away from her.

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
2007 Black Diamond
Molle P.S.D. Rear Cubby

Orange Boxx Store
Orange Boxx Facebook
DirtGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
Full Access Member

Testify!

That's a nice rig, DG!

"I once got run over by a Toyota. Oh, what a feeling"