View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
DirtGhost
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtGhost

At a early age of 18 I promised my mother I would never buy a Jeep . One of her friends died thrown from in and rolled on her. Well many years later Toyota came out with this FJ cruiser thingy. Ugly at first sight but I fell in love with it. Could not afford one till now. My GF told me I could get a truck if I let her pay for it. Only if I let her drive my GTI and get to drive the sand rail build I have been working on.

Well needing something to tow my addiction, The jet skis, trailer, and other things. Well you get the picture. She told me to find one that was below 18500.00 and what I wanted to drive. I looked a voodoo blue one and got cold feet after the dealer told me he did not think it was using oil even though it was way over full.

I was looking over autotrader.com for weeks looking for my deal. Carmax did not have what I wanted either. I decided to look on http://www.fjcruiserforums.com in the for sale section. Found 4 within my driving range to look at. Messaged all of them returning with one answer. My first email to Hank was " Why is my truck in your driveway ? ".

I love the black color and after seeing it in person I was sold !

We setup a meeting that was 2 hours for both of us to travel. I was itching I tell you . I never test drove one till a month ago . Knowing all along once I drove one I would have to have it. Well getting to know the previous owner I knew that when I drove it that was going to be the one I wanted.

As you can see from the pictures in his driveway . It has been taking care of. After pulling the carfax off the vin. I was shocked to find out I would be the sixth owner of this one and the last one.

2007 Toyota FJ cruiser 4x4
96k miles
Synthetic Oil Used
Premium Gas Used
Automatic transmission
Michelin LTX M/S tires (plenty of tread)
Security system
Remote start
6-disc in-dash cd changer
Aux audio input jack
Factory subwoofer
Rear differential locker
A-trac low range 4x4 traction control

I am sold. I will get to drive my dream truck after all. All to the thanks of my Wonderful GF (soon to be wife). I have not asked her yet. But after this I will never let the thought to enter my mind of getting away from her.

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
2007 Black Diamond
Molle P.S.D. Rear Cubby

Orange Boxx Store
Orange Boxx Facebook
DirtGhost is offline   Reply With Quote