Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Preferred Vendors > Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication

Roof racks/flat racks/half racks

This is a discussion on Roof racks/flat racks/half racks within the Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication forums, part of the Preferred Vendors category!
DG - any possibility of designing roof racks? I'm looking for a rack that I can fasten a surfboard carrier ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Full Access Member

Default Roof racks/flat racks/half racks

DG - any possibility of designing roof racks?

I'm looking for a rack that I can fasten a surfboard carrier to. I'm looking for a less expensive alternative ... the cheapest racks I'm finding are the half racks and flat racks, and even then, those run $600 or so.

I LOVE the flat rack style.

But once I add everything together, meaning a half rack, a surfboard carrier etc., I'm looking at $850 or more.

I'm just looking for a simple, low profile, flat rack, with the cross bars that I could fasten a carrier to.

I've got a guy in my office here who mentioned that he may be able to help me design my own ... so I may look into that, and see what would venture into cost, etc.

Anyway, thanks for any feedback, ideas, insight, etc.

- VDW
Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuDuWho View Post
DG - any possibility of designing roof racks?

I'm looking for a rack that I can fasten a surfboard carrier to. I'm looking for a less expensive alternative ... the cheapest racks I'm finding are the half racks and flat racks, and even then, those run $600 or so.

I LOVE the flat rack style.

But once I add everything together, meaning a half rack, a surfboard carrier etc., I'm looking at $850 or more.

I'm just looking for a simple, low profile, flat rack, with the cross bars that I could fasten a carrier to.

I've got a guy in my office here who mentioned that he may be able to help me design my own ... so I may look into that, and see what would venture into cost, etc.

Anyway, thanks for any feedback, ideas, insight, etc.

- VDW
Yes we have many projects that we are looking at and a roof rack is one of them. We are fans of the flat style also. Just give us a little time to get into our new shop and I am sure we can crank out a design that you will just have to have.

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
2007 Black Diamond
Molle P.S.D. Rear Cubby

Orange Boxx Store
Orange Boxx Facebook
Old 11-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
Full Access Member

Cool. I'm not looking to buy a rack till late January or so anyway, so that works.

Just to give you an idea, this is what I'm leaning towards right now :

Bajarack ALL FLAT UTILITY RACK for FJ Cruiser BR-TYFJ-UT-S