View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Capt Sensible
Super Moderator

Default FJ Cruiser, why?

For me, a friend of mine in high school, his dad had an FJ40, and I loved it. Tried to buy it a number of times... by that I mean I offered him a ricockulously low ball offers that he would laugh and say no. Then in 2003 I saw pictures of the FJ Cruiser prototype at the Detroit auto show. Man I was in love. Fast forward a few years, I found out they were making it, to say I was excited would be an understatement. When they finally came out, I was very disheartened, there was no way I could afford one. So I just bided my time till the day came that I could.

At the beginning of 2010 I was driving a 2003 Chevy 1500HD pickup truck. She was very nice, but every time I turned around I was repairing something. So me and the wife talked about it, and decided to sell it. So we did. I began searching for a new (used) vehicle. I was looking in the $10k range, and then it crept up to $15k, and before I knew it we were at $20k She actually is the one who said, why don't you look at used FJ's? So I did.

The dealerships hear were overpriced (in my opinion) so we took it to the net, and found my FJ at a dealership in Louisville, KY for about $5k less then here. Numerous phone calls, faxes, and one greyhound trip later I was there with my FJ. Drove her home and have been in love ever since.

So what is your story?
Capt Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote