View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #36
FJTonka

Wow!!! All that I can say is Wow. I am glad that you are okay and are able to enjoy the FJ.

I came here today to give an update on my FJ situation. My '07 Tonka is no longer mine. I was made an offer by the local Toyota dealer here in Indy that I purchased my first FJ from. They made me an offer that I could not pass on. Basically, my '07 had reached its optimum trade in potential and I had a lot of equity in it.

So, at 76k miles, I traded my '07 for my new '12 FJ. It is kind of weird going into my garage and seeing something that is so different but so alike my '07 was. Many of my friends told me that I shouldn't do the trade because the Tonka Toy was/is one of a kind. They had a point, but I could not say no to a new FJ with a new warranty, maintenance contract, and payments that are nearly $250 lower per month.

The attached photos are with my camera phone and not very good. I will add more as soon as I am able to get the real camera out with some good lighting. This is the beginning of Tonka 2.0. A blank slate that I can turn into art.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0261.jpg (96.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0259.jpg (96.6 KB, 5 views)
FJTonka is offline   Reply With Quote