View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Capt Sensible
Super Moderator

^^^ The FJ Cruiser has a huge aftermarket parts cache, that is, when you consider how many FJ's are on the road. We cannot touch the aftermarket world of say Jeep, but jeeps have been around for decades and there are millions of them on the road. One thing you wont see much of when it comes to FJ Cruisers is "foofoo" parts. No offense to the OP, but stuff like this grill. It looks nice, but really at the end of the day doesn't serve a purpose. Don't get me wrong the parts are out there, but not as much as other brands. And finally, I personally have never patented anything, but from what I hear, if you're going to patent something you need to be prepared to spend $20,000+, it'll take a couple years, and then after all that there's the gamble that no one will give a shit about your product anyway.
2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser, Auto, 4wd, Toytec Ultimate 3" lift, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, TheToyOutfitters LCA, Procomp Series 87 Steelies Painted White, 285/75 R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, Trail Gear Sliders, TheToyOutfitters Custom Front Bumper, Snorkel, 4xHella500
Capt Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote