View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
VuDuWho
Full Access Member

Why did I want an FJ?

1. Because it was the baddest mother out there.
2. Cause they're a rugged SUV ... with comfort.
3. Its reputation and its legacy.
4. Toyota reliability.

I've wanted one since the day they rolled off the line. I love the old military jeeps and rugged looking vehicles, and that carried over to the SUVs of the 70s... I'd had a jeep ... but it just was substandard, not to mention the regular maintenance necessary to keep it on the road. Forget about upgrades ... frickin' Chrysler piece of shite.

I'd been researching and was ready to purchase, and lost my job in 2008.... and it's been a long, hard road back. Finally, on the road to recovery, every way possible, and I stumbled across my VDB by sheer luck ... I'd look at a lot of them in the Fort Knox/Louisville area, but all were way over priced.

Then when I was back in Columbus at end of May, and had completed all my errands and getting more moving stuff coordinated, so I did some online shopping. Low and behold, I found exactly the vehicle I've always wanted ...

I called to make sure they still had it, said I'd be over to test drive ASAP. Lived it ... but made it a point not to take my trade in, to five myself a night to think it over. I went and closed the deal the next day. It's not perfect ... it has some flaws that I'll clean up, but I love regardless ...

They had it on their lot for almost 2 months, and had dropped the price three times ... they gave me $3k for my piece of junk Dakota, and I bought a Toyota extended warranty, and the vehicle ... all told, got everything for $20k ...

BOOM!!

Love it every time I get in it. Damn near makes me cry.
VuDuWho is offline   Reply With Quote