View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
VuDuWho
Full Access Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepo11 View Post
hello all.. i have my FJ for only 4 days and when i press on the brake it stops then it accelerates...also my brake makes a noise in the interior of the car when pressed... another thing is i know you arenot supposed to drive it in 4 d so obviously D is used.. in D the car hesitates in first gear and when i stop and then press the accerator, the transmission jumps and kicks the car back... has anyone had any of these problems? i love the car but now i dont want it and its a shame cause ive had it not long at all. its a 2008 with 25,000 miles.. any info would help. thanks
Actually, now that I think about it, this sounds A LOT like the issue I ha had with my Cherokee. Even though I was driving it in 2WD, the transfer case had slipped, and stripped the gears. When I would accelerate, it would spin until it would catch, and then jerk the vehicle really hard. Mine was covered under warranty .. they had to replace the entire thing.

Even if you bought it used ... there is a 30 day warranty that they should honor. Make them fix or return it.
VuDuWho is offline   Reply With Quote