Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum (http://www.toyotafjcruiserforum.com/)
-   Maintenance (http://www.toyotafjcruiserforum.com/f7/)
-   -   FJ Cruiser Brake Specs (http://www.toyotafjcruiserforum.com/f7/fj-cruiser-brake-specs-8/)

BIRDMAN 02-01-2011 12:24 AM

FJ Cruiser Brake Specs
 
The FJ Cruiser uses power-assisted 4-piston front/2-piston rear ventilated disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and is also equipped with Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC).

JackRabbit_Slim 02-03-2011 08:07 AM

Haha nice..

Capt Sensible 02-03-2011 09:32 AM

Ever have any problem with your ABS? I've only had to use it a couple of times, and I will say compared to other vehicles I've owned, not very "smooth" feeling.

BIRDMAN 02-03-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Sensible (Post 170)
Ever have any problem with your ABS? I've only had to use it a couple of times, and I will say compared to other vehicles I've owned, not very "smooth" feeling.

I did actually have a lot of problems with mine. If I stood on the brakes, and hit some bumps while decelerating in would sort of cut out and then engage very violently.

Capt Sensible 02-03-2011 11:34 AM

^^^ I had mine do that once. Scared the shit out of me. Since then I've read about it, so hopefully if it ever happens again it wont catch me off guard.

JackRabbit_Slim 02-03-2011 03:53 PM

Ya know I've heard about this issue but fortunately enough I've never had to use my ABS.. What's the deal with this system? I have ABS on my motorcycle and it operates in a delightfully smooth manner.

Capt Sensible 02-03-2011 07:27 PM

The FJ is just so badass in so many other ways. Can't win 'em all?

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 05:56 AM

I guess not.. Although for 30k I think you should win them all... ABS isn't really cutting edge technology and I think they should pretty much have it sorted out by now.

Capt Sensible 02-04-2011 06:12 AM

No argument here.

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 06:15 AM

I have to agree though it really is in a class of its own... The things you can do with a stock FJ are pretty fantastic..

Capt Sensible 02-04-2011 06:28 AM

It's not like I've seen ever vehicle out there, but to my knowledge the only thing better, out of the box, is a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. And I only say that cause the rubicon has the solid axles and lockers on both ends.

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 06:32 AM

I agree with you completely... But the issue there is you're behind the wheel of a Jeep... which isn't even really a jeep since it's running some roided out Chrysler mini van engine... The SFA is nice for off-road but rough on road and let's be honest... Where do we spend most of our time?

Capt Sensible 02-04-2011 06:44 AM

True. The wife has a Jeep (it's her dream car) it's a 2006 base 4wd, 6spd, with the 4liter straight 6 (last year they offered them). It's not bad at all to drive. Actually my only real complaint is, it sits "high" up, and it's so damn tiny that whenever I park it, I'm always crooked. I joke about the jeeps, but in reality, I don't hate. I would buy a jeep tomorrow if the price is right and I didn't have an FJ.

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 06:50 AM

I'm with you... I liked the look of the 2011 Rubicon and it definitely has more interior style.. In fact it has a lot more... The red color that they offer is absolutely gorgeous and the convertible option is in a league of its own.. I guess for me what it came down to was do I want to be part of that "Jeep Thing" where you tell people to, "Roll me over if you can read this," or "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." The whole wave thing.. I mean come on I have to deal with that horse shit on my motorcycle... Since when am I Mr. McFeely?

Capt Sensible 02-04-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRabbit_Slim (Post 317)
I'm with you... I liked the look of the 2011 Rubicon and it definitely has more interior style.. In fact it has a lot more... The red color that they offer is absolutely gorgeous and the convertible option is in a league of its own.. I guess for me what it came down to was do I want to be part of that "Jeep Thing" where you tell people to, "Roll me over if you can read this," or "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." The whole wave thing.. I mean come on I have to deal with that horse shit on my motorcycle... Since when am I Mr. McFeely?

Every Christmas when you play Santa Clause at your family get togethers?

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 07:01 AM

When I pretend to be the mailman when I come to visit your wife?

Capt Sensible 02-04-2011 07:03 AM

Hah! We don't have a mailman that comes to our house!

JackRabbit_Slim 02-04-2011 04:23 PM

Plumber?

Capt Sensible 02-12-2011 10:56 PM

I tend to do the plumbing. Keep going.

Dave(man) 06-04-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Sensible (Post 290)
It's not like I've seen ever vehicle out there, but to my knowledge the only thing better, out of the box, is a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. And I only say that cause the rubicon has the solid axles and lockers on both ends.

agreed....guess it comes down to style preference between the two...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO