Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > FJ Cruiser General Discussion > New Member Check-In

New Member Check-In New to the site? Introduce yourself here and show everyone your FJ! Welcome to Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum!

Hiya everyone...

This is a discussion on Hiya everyone... within the New Member Check-In forums, part of the FJ Cruiser General Discussion category!
I am from Indianapolis. I bought my FJ in April of 2007 and never been happier with a vehicle. Got ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #1

Default Hiya everyone...

I am from Indianapolis. I bought my FJ in April of 2007 and never been happier with a vehicle. Got about 72k miles on it now. I have turned it into the only Tonka Edition FJ out there. Even fooled a local Toyota dealer. When I had to take it in for something, they were completely turned around trying to figure out what it was and how to find it in the manuals. Eventually, the super asked me about it. When I told him that I did all of the customization, he let me know that he called many dealers and area representatives trying to find a Tonka Edition.

Below is a picture of my FJ from last winter when I cleared a parking lot at work. The snow was about six inches deep and pristine. I just could not leave it be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0053.jpg (92.5 KB, 15 views)
FJTonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtGhost

Awesome !!! another one up there. Will be coming your way at Thanksgiving to Kouts area !
Btw welcome to the board!

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
2007 Black Diamond
Molle P.S.D. Rear Cubby

Orange Boxx Store
Orange Boxx Facebook
DirtGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Administrator

Welcome! How did you find us?
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard.
2007 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser, Auto, 4wd, Toytec Ultimate 3" lift, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, TheToyOutfitters LCA, Procomp Series 87 Steelies Painted White, 285/75 R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, Trail Gear Sliders, TheToyOutfitters Custom Front Bumper, Snorkel, 4xHella500
Capt Sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #5

@Birdman... from a link on facebook that talked about orange boxx. There was a link to this forum from there.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJTonka View Post
@Birdman... from a link on facebook that talked about orange boxx. There was a link to this forum from there.
Nice! I wish more of our page followers would find their way here!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #7

Default Tonka Edition

Quote:
I am from Indianapolis. I bought my FJ in April of 2007 and never been happier with a vehicle. Got about 72k miles on it now. I have turned it into the only Tonka Edition FJ out there. Even fooled a local Toyota dealer. When I had to take it in for something, they were completely turned around trying to figure out what it was and how to find it in the manuals. Eventually, the super asked me about it. When I told him that I did all of the customization, he let me know that he called many dealers and area representatives trying to find a Tonka Edition.

Below is a picture of my FJ from last winter when I cleared a parking lot at work. The snow was about six inches deep and pristine. I just could not leave it be.
Hey just a note to let u know that I am the proud recipient of that vehicle. Fooled me too. I have been looking to see if this was an edition Toyota put out or if it was customized by someone. Traded in a Pathfinder and couldn't be happier. Good job on the work u did!
MountainKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #8

You bought my old FJ from Butler? That is awesome. Where are you located? Just curious if I am going to see you tooling around town in it.

As a side note, my 2012 FJ is doing very well. Today, I had the new TRD exhaust and cold air intake installed. I have my new Bushwacker fender flares and DeeZee brushguard. Those are going to get installed soon. I tore a trapezius muscle recently. No heavy work for me for a while. That includes installation of accessories.

Here are pics of the intake and exhaust tip. Not going to crawl under for a pic of the whole exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cold air intake.jpg (90.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg TRD Exhaust tip.jpg (83.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtGhost

FJ tonka nice addtions
FJTonka likes this.

Orange Boxx Design and Fabrication
2007 Black Diamond
Molle P.S.D. Rear Cubby

Orange Boxx Store
Orange Boxx Facebook
DirtGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
You bought my old FJ from Butler? That is awesome. Where are you located? Just curious if I am going to see you tooling around town in it.

As a side note, my 2012 FJ is doing very well. Today, I had the new TRD exhaust and cold air intake installed. I have my new Bushwacker fender flares and DeeZee brushguard. Those are going to get installed soon. I tore a trapezius muscle recently. No heavy work for me for a while. That includes installation of accessories.

Here are pics of the intake and exhaust tip. Not going to crawl under for a pic of the whole exhaust.
pick up much power and/or MPGs from the combo?